Rhythm Kids is an exciting and comprehensive music, movement, and drumming program that helps children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth to age 8. Rhythm Kids is segmented into two classes, Level 1 for children ages 4–5, and Level 2 for children in Kindergarten, first, and second grades. Rhythm Kids classes are designed to help children develop their rhythm skills and gain a deeper level of musical understanding, preparing them for formal music instruction.
The program includes:
• Learning drumming patterns through playful animal-themed rhythmic chants
• Experiencing and improvising with new repertoire using a range of percussion instruments
• Ensemble and solo singing and drumming
• Playing dynamic group and partner music and games
• Engaging in group movement activities and folk dances
• Creating imaginative movements, improvising patterns, and sharing ideas with the group
• Learning to take charge and lead others (like a conductor) as well as listen respectfully and follow peers/teacher when it is their turn to lead.
Parents/Caregivers are welcome to drop-off or stay and play!
•10 weekly, 45 minute classes with NEW song collections every fall, winter, and spring
•A professionally recorded CD with songs, rhythm chants and "play-alongs"
•Our newly designed and beautifully illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home, along with parent ed
•Access to interactive, online Rhythm Kids video tutorials and resources
One child: $165
Sibling in Mixed Ages or Rhythm Kids: $120
Please refer back to the bottom of the "Mixed-Age Family" Class page for days and times.